authentic bag

Louis Vuitton Pochette Metis

1:50:00 PM

So apparently I can't be trusted when there is online shopping around (which pretty much means everywhere there is internet access). When I dream about handbag brands Louis Vuitton is always there. I'd been eyeing up a few LV items for a while but had so far been resisting. And then, the Pochette Metis came along...

Elegance is personified in the petite shape of the pochette métis. Made of supple monogram canvas, its compact dimensions open up to reveal many useful pockets and compartments. - Louis Vuitton

This bag wasn't really on my radar at all... until suddenly, it was, and I had to have it. Funny how that happens huh? The Louis Vuitton Pochette Metis is just one of those easy going everyday bags which screams (or rather, whispers) understated luxury. Yes, the LV monogram is in full swing but the print is balanced with the bag's easy structure and casual look. A bag's practicality means an increasing amount to me and I love the easy, hands-free nature of the pochette metis :)

 To be honest, I really don’t have any negative things to say about this bag – I’m obsessed. I digress…down to the technical. The Pochette Métis is the traditional Louis Vuitton monogram canvas and comes with all gold hardware. I have found that my favorite part of the bag is actually the back, which has an outside zipper pocket. Anyone who is familiar with LV will tell you outside pockets on the coated monogram canvas designs are hard to come by. The inside is a micro-fiber lining and is divided into three main compartments. When I first got it I was little paranoid about stuffing the bag but now I find it holds the same amount of stuff as what I’ve held in any other of my crossbody bags or clutches. The bag is also really practical. With the top handle you can use it as an over-sized clutch but with the cross body strap, you have a very functional day bag. The one really great thing about the cross body strap is that it isn’t the natural leather but rather made of the coated monogram canvas.
I spent nearly $1800 to purchase this bag but I will say it is well worth it. The  Pochette Métis holds its value on the resale market. There have been constant 5-10 week waitlists for the Pochette Metis by Louis Vuitton, and most can only purchase it by calling customer service and request to be put on a waitlist. Luckily the Louis Vuitton in Union Square, San Fransisco had two, the display model and one in their inventory which I knew I couldn’t pass up, so of course, I was like, “omg, this is a sign, I have to get it.” lol. Rumor also has it that this bag will be discontinued so if you are on the fence on purchasing this – go  Pochette Métis.

Link to the Pochette Métis.
Some notable details on the Pochette Metis:
9.8 x 7.5 x 3.5 inches (Length x Height x Width)
Adjustable and removable cross-body strap
1 exterior zipped pocket
Natural cowhide leather handle and trim
Shiny golden brass metallic pieces
3 interior compartments
Dark brown micro fibre lining 

As always, thank you so much for reading!


0 comments